2nd- 9th September 2023
* Discovering the variety Exmoor has to offer, from the panoramic vista's of the coastline to the sweeping moorlands and ancient woodlands.
* Walking through salt marsh habitat at Porlock with it's fossilized trees, bird life and ancient history.
* The Valley of the Rocks is perched on the Bristol Channel and creates fantastic cliffs and has been an inspirational place for writers and poets.
* Cross over Tar Steps, an ancient 17- span clapper bridge across the River Barle.
* Visit some of Somerset's most picture postcard villages.
* Spend your evenings in medieval Dunster, where we can share a drink and re-live the days walk.
To find out more head over to Julian's website
Exmoor Walking Holiday Weekends
Exmoor walking holidays offers guided walking breaks 4 times a year on a quarterly basis.
They are usually offered as a 2 night stay arriving on Friday, walking on Saturday and Sunday, then departing for home after the walk on Sunday. The breaks are on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast basis and include guided, packed lunches on walking days, tea/coffee flasks filled and any transport that may be required for the walks. You can also use our boot and drying room, though we hope you won't need to!
The breaks are offered to members at a special rate. Membership costs just £10 per person, and you save the cost of your membership even if you attend only one weekend each year. Standard prices apply to non members.
Details of the dates of the walking holidays will be advised in a quarterly email newsletter sent out by our regular guide, Kathy Oliver (to all members).
To enquire or book
Coleridge Way - Self-guided
Walk in the footsteps of the romantic poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge, who resided at Nether Stowey in the Quantock Hills for 3 years. Together with fellow poet William Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy, also Robert Southey, the poets enjoyed long walks in the area covered by the Coleridge Way, which stretches between Nether Stowey in Somerset to Lynmouth in North Devon, a total of 51 miles.
The route is offered on a self-guided basis but assistance with transport is sometimes possible.
To enquire or book
Walking Breaks 2023
This brochure contains a summary of upcoming walking events held at our hotel.